Welcome to the Association of Independent Retirees (A.I.R.) Ltd
The Association of Independent Retirees (A.I.R.) Ltd, with national membership of over 6,000 across more than 60 State Branches, represents the interests of self-funded retirees.
Its Mission is to secure recognition and equity for Australians who, through their diligence and careful management, fully or partly self-fund their own retirement needs.
About the Association of Independent Retirees (A.I.R.) Ltd
Who are we?
First formed in 1992, A.I.R. is a national not-for-profit, non-party political organisation.
It's a volunteer organisation that works to advance and protect the interests and independent lifestyle of Australians in or approaching retirement.
Office bearers at all levels are volunteers. Their efforts are supplemented by committees and Special Interest Groups (SIGs) made up of ordinary members of the company.
Who are our Members?
- Australians who fully or partially self-fund their future
- People who have built a degree of independence in their lifestyle
- Corporate service providers who support the aims and objectives of the organisation.
What do we do?
- Seek equitable economic, taxation and social environment outcomes that recognise and address the specific issues faced by those who fully or partly self-fund their retirement by representing the views and concerns of our members to Government at all levels.
- Conduct research, prepare submissions and advocate to all levels of Government on issues relevant to the living standards and lifestyle of fully or partially self-funded retirees.
- Provide opportunities for members to meet and share views on a range of matters in a welcoming, inclusive social atmosphere at our Branch meetings.
- Provide information, services, benefits and resources through a range of media and sponsorship.
- Enter into mutually beneficial arrangements with organisations who share a similar vision to A.I.R.